Memory is a way of holding onto the things you love, the things you are, the things you never want to lose.


21 May 2011

Ready, Set, Blog!



Okay. I've been inspired to hop back on the blog-wagon and give it another go... "post-college." We'll see how it goes this time around and I'm thinking without all the nursing books things are looking a bit brighter to sticking to it. Fingers Crossed!

With that being said I'd like to explain "Memoirs of Maxine." On July 1, 1922 in Cleveland, Ohio a girl was born Maxine Adele. My Gammy (grandmother) was a passionate, loving, and strong-willed woman. She was the grandma who adored each moment spent with her family and was the talk of the town, or nursing home, as I remember it. Oh my, she demanded the attention of everyone in the room, without even saying a word, and yes, she received it. To me she was a delight to be around. She always complimented her two little granddaughters with just the perfect words to make us feel as if we were priceless gems. Gammy had a strong, rare beauty that I came to admire and adore. She was taken away too early and I would love to go back and have one last visit with her, painting her nails and talking about my latest school boy crush. I feel she left me with a bit of a "old soul" and the times that it surfaces, I think of her. It is with all these grand memories of my grandmother that led me to "Memoirs of Maxine", because she was a one of a kind woman that I miss so dearly.


No comments:

Post a Comment